Monday, April 18, 2011

Judging, AIDS Prevention Awareness & Zumba!

In early April, I had the chance to travel to Clanton, AL to Chilton County High School (middle of no-where!) and judge the Miss YMCA pageants, including ages 3-17! I was particular interested in judging this pageant because of my previous volunteer work with the YMCA near my home. It was such a fun day, and it was interesting being on the other side of the spectrum for once! It gave me a sense of what I should do while on stage performing, so it ended up being a very helpful experience. I met some wonderful people while I was there, and I even got to buy some cute shoes while I was in town. It's such a blessing to have the opportunity to make younger girls' wishes come true when they find out they won the pageant! While I was there, I visited some of Clanton's memorial sites, and I even got to go to Peach Park, where I hear the best peach ice cream in Alabama is sold! Here are some pics from that day. Click images to enlarge them.


On a different note, I love being able to help out my fellow Miss Alabama contestants with their fundraisers for Children's Miracle Network and their personal platforms. Most recently, I attended Jamie Brooks's, Miss Rocket City's, AIDS Awareness concert located in Clay, Alabama. It was a huge success, and it was a blast to watch all of the performers. I am so proud to call her one of my good friends, and she has been such a helpful person during my first year in the Miss AL program!



Another opportunity I had was to attend Elisabeth Chramer's, Miss Jefferson County, new zumba classes at Ridgecrest Church. It is such a blast, and I encourage everyone to attend. It is for a great cause (CMN), and it's a fun work out, as well. It is every Monday night at Ridecrest Church in Trussville at 7:30 P.M.

No comments:

Post a Comment